True Blue Women are holding a meeting titled "Women Power 2.0".
We have the power, now let's use it!
Here are some facts about our Women Power:
- Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care.
- Women spend about $5 TRILLION annually – over half of the U.S. GDP.
- Women are “digital divas” – networking, shopping and disseminating information online; and influencing $90 billion worth of consumer electronic purchases annually.
That’s the GOOD news.
The not-so-good news is women are under-represented on boards and in political office and still experience a pay gap.
- Of the largest 25 public companies in Kansas City, less than 10% have women seated at their table.
- Women are paid on average 82% of what their male counterparts are paid.
We are not going to complain about it… we are going to DO something about it!
If you have been thinking about your own options for moving ahead in business or in the political arena - here's how to get started. Join us April 10 to hear this high-powered panel tell their stories of personal achievement. Learn how they did it - and how you can too!
Thursday April 10
Doors open at 6:30 pm
Program begins at 7 pm
Matt Ross Community Center
8101 Marty Street, Overland Park
Registrations are requested, but not required.
Nancy Mellard, Executive VP and General Counsel for CBIZ Employee Services Division and national leader for CBIZ Women's Advantage.
Kimberly Young, Executive Director of the Henry W. Bloch School of Management Executive MBA Program
Laura McConwell, Mayor of Mission, KS
Debbie Leonard, dubbed the "Networking Queen" and author of The C'crets of Networking
We will have three House Party workshops in early May to give you the opportunity to have one-on-one conversations with experts about how to succeed in business, politics and networking.
8101 Marty St
Overland Park, KS 66204
Google map and directions