Video of our legislative forum, Public Education in Crisis, is now available right here. Our guests pulled off the gloves in their concern for public education in Kansas. Watch it now.
Our second legislative forum of 2015, co-sponsored with Game On for Kansas Schools and Kansas PTA, tackled the education crisis brewing in Kansas. The Governor and extremists in the Kansas Legislature are working hard to decimate public education in Kansas, and no aspect is safe. Funding cuts threaten student achievement, classroom size, teacher preparation, academic standards, special education, facilities, and even extra curricular activities like the arts and sports. Nothing is safe on the breakneck slope to further tax cuts.
We were joined by:
• Barbara Bollier (R-Prairie Village), Kansas House Representative and member of the Education Budget Committee
• Nancy Lusk (D-Overland Park), Kansas House Representative and member of the Education Committee
• Melissa Rooker (R-Mission Hills), Kansas House Representative
• Janet Waugh, State Board of Education, District 1
• Dave Helling of the Kansas City Star will moderate.