A collective of eight organizations will assemble at the Kansas State Capitol, Wednesday, April 1st to call for legislative action to restore State revenues. Representatives will speak on the east side of the second floor rotunda from 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. This is a public and media event and we hope you can join us.
We are planning this event to illustrate the far-reaching impact of inadequate revenues on all areas of Kansas life. Budget cuts and revenue shortfalls threaten the economic stability of our communities. Participating organizations will speak to the impact that inadequate funding is having on the health and safety of Kansans of all ages – from the classroom to Main Street.
The agenda for April 1st is as follows:
- Welcome & Introductions – Annie McKay, executive director, Kansas Center for Economic Growth
- What We Know: An update on the State’s budget situation – Duane Goossen, senior fellow, Kansas Center for Economic Growth, former member of KS House of Representatives and KS State Budget Director
- What’s at Risk:
- Shannon Cotsoradis, Ks Action for Children President/CEO
- Sister Therese Bangert, the EITC Coalition
- Lynn Stephan, Women for Kansas Leadership Team
- Sheryl Spalding, MainStream Coalition Board President
- Mark Farr, KNEA President
- Vicki Buening, Kansas Citizens for the Arts
- Bernie Koch, KS Economic Progress Council Executive Director
- Closing – Gary Brunk, Kansas Association of Community Action Programs for Rev Up KS
Some seating will be available. All visitors must enter the building at the north side Visitors Center entrance. Limited parking is available in the underground parking garage on a first-come basis. There is metered parking across the street from the north entrance, around the Statehouse perimeter and on adjoining side streets. There are also paid parking garages at 8th and Jackson and 9th and Kansas Avenue. Our planned presentations will conclude by 11:15 a.m. Several tables will be set up around the second floor rotunda for public distribution of printed materials.
300 SW 10th Ave
Topeka, KS 66615
Google map and directions